Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Changing the Title and Cover Again Part 37

Okay, I skipped a few in between 3 and 36. I've changed the cover a lot. I've changed the title 3 times. For those of you who were here last week, that new cover I showed you--yeah, everyone I showed it to in the real world said no. Except Kim. I then found the perfect picture. I made up the cover. It's still not what I want.



I happened to see Katrina the other morning. She has a camera. A nice one. We asked Mrs. Martinez if we could borrow her truck for a picture. Katrina and Rosario took some great pictures. Then Katrina hurt her back so she hasn't sent them to me yet. I'm hoping to take some more next week with the janitor's truck. It's white and would showcase the font against the green backdrop.

Which leads me to the font. Again, giving me fits. I picked three. I found new ones. I mixed and matched. Grrr.

So, I'm back to the beginning. The girl with the dog. Because I think once you read the book, you'll get the cover. And I've always liked that cover. It's comfortable.


At forty-two, Abby Pryzbylowicz had everything she thought she ever wanted—nice apartment, nice car, nice life. A novelist by trade, she penned romance novels for the money, detective mysteries for fun, and the occasional piece of literary fiction to keep her name in the papers. A reclusive woman by choice, she only wanted to be left alone with her characters. However, when her cousin phoned and begged Abby to help with her mother she couldn’t say no. Abby loved Aunt Rose. Besides, it was only for the summer.

Upon her arrival to Rose MacLaren’s house, Abby found her aunt a ferocious hoarder, had frequent bouts of forgetfulness, and a penchant for choosing her clothing according to color rather than season. Conversations had to be pieced together to make sense. And convincing Rose not to drive proved to be a covert operation. 

When Abby set out to help her aunt, she thought it would be simple enough. All she had to do was clean the house and get it ready to sell. Rose was moving in with her daughter in September. However, as family skeletons started falling out of the closet, Abby’s only confidant was the mechanic next door.


Dealing with him was another story. 


It should be available everywhere.

Robynne Rand (c) 2017

No comments: