Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Fever

Well, it's been another month since I last posted. I don't think it's because I have nothing to say, I think it has more to do with the fact I stopped writing.

Yeah, I took a break. The one thing EVERYONE says NOT to do. But hey, I'm me and I can do what I want.

But I needed it. After trying to cram as many books out to the market as I could before summer hits, (which was only 2 but that was more than enough) I just couldn't face sitting at the computer for 8 hours a day anymore. And every single time I looked at my TBF (to be finished) manuscripts, they were just downright depressing. I lost my "groove".

So I've stopped writing. For now.

The Monster is off from school this week and we're just being lazy. Which is nice. Sleeping until 6:30 has been a pleasure. (Usually I'm up at 5:15.) I don't have to go anywhere, or have the uniforms ironed, or make lunch, or make sure homework is done.

But that doesn't mean I'm not busy. Yesterday was running around day...you know, market, pay bills, bank. post office, Target. Saturday and Sunday I worked at getting my plants in pots and outside on the front porch for all the *ahem* glorious weather we're supposed to be having this week. My cousins are coming next Sunday so I need to clean the house. (I'm taking that one day at a time because I still haven't put stuff away from last summer when we moved -- although you can finally sit in the living room if you've a mind.)

And then there's the Yard Sale stuff that needs to be sorted and tagged. (Another hold over from last summer.) As I've been cleaning, I've found more stuff. When I look at it all, I keep thinking I should just open up a thrift store. And don't get me started on the clothes issue. I have 8 bins upstairs with stuff I've kept over the years that I keep hoping I'll eventually wear again. *snort* I suppose you could call me a hoarder, but I think I'm just cheap. Some of those clothes still have tags on them. I want to wear them at least once. You know.

And then the lawn needs mowing, the vines need to be cut down, trees need to be felled for the fence I'm going to build for the dogs. I'll get to it eventually. At least before the snakes come out in full force. Let's not forget the roto-tiller for the new gardens I'm also going to build.

So suffice it to say, I've got plenty to keep me busy. As for writing, I need a break. I'm also trying to come up with the nerve to get back to doing "social media". (I just hate H-A-T-E promotion.) And there's the uploading the revised editions of all my work, and going to KOBO for direct purchase. Something I've been meaning to do for awhile now.

I think this Spring will be a blur, especially if I want to get everything I've mentioned above done in these next 6 days. But I have faith I will get at least half of it done. Okay, I'll admit, I'll be lucky if I get the lawn mowed. But it's nice to dream.

What are you doing to combat Spring Fever?











No comments: