Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Next Big Thing

I was tagged by J.B. Chicoine with a meme to post my next big idea. So here I am. And I'm really ashamed to say I haven't posted anything on this blog in over a month. Bad Writer. Bad Bad Writer.

As you know, (if you read this blog) the last idea I had was a short story about a woman on her front porch. I have actually started that. And yes, Stina, I did take notes and I even made an outline, so I'm hoping to get it finished by the end of the month.

But this post is about the next BIG thing.

Okay, so here we go.

What is the title of your next book?

I really don't want to tell you because I'm afraid of jinxing myself. You know, if I tell you, then someone else will have used that particular title and so I won't be able to. (Which isn't true, but you know...) However, I will tell you I found the cover art, and I am particularly excited about that.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

A funeral. And I start the story off at a funeral. Which I've heard you're not supposed to do, but I did it anyway.

What genre does your book fall under?

Romantic women's fiction.

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

Hmmm...Good question. I haven't actually gotten that far yet. I really like Rachel Weisz. And there are "several" men in this book, but I have no idea who they are yet. I'm still only in the first chapter, although I can "see" where it goes.

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

When Kate's mother dies, she's left with a 12 room house, a small fortune in Irish lace, and no idea who she is anymore.

Or something like that.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Oh definitely self-published.

How long did it take to write the first draft?

It's still a work in progress. I'm actually hoping to finish by the end of May, but I'm not holding my breath. I have other things I'm working on right now, and want to get those finished first. Kate's story is going to be complicated to write, and I have to do some research first.

What other books would you compare this story to?

REMEMBERING YOU by me. I don't know. I don't read a lot of women's fiction these days so I have no clue. I'd like to think Anita Shreve or Nicholas Sparks, but that would give me a big head.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Not really sure about this. When I wrote REMEMBERING YOU, it dredged up a lot of old memories. I guess this book about Kate is still dredging them. Whereas Genna was all about figuring out who to love, Kate is trying to figure out how to love herself.

What else about the book might pique the readers interest?

Well, as in all my contemporary romances, I think the biggest thing is the family dynamic. Most of us come from dysfunctional families and Kate's is no different. It's how we deal with the dysfunction, or not, that makes us become who we are.


So that's my next big thing. I'm supposed to tag people with this, but I'm not. Unless you want me to.

2 comments:

J.B. Chicoine said...

Wow, Robynne! You're farther along than I imagined...I can't wait to see where this story takes you.

Liza said...

Yep, I'm with Bridget! Looking forward to a read... :)