Monday, December 21, 2015

Pinterest, Paperbacks, and Pie


PINTEREST

I've been meaning to get on Pinterest for a while now, and this weekend I finally found the free time to do it. I've had all these pictures taking up space in my files forever and I'm glad I found them a permanent home.

I uploaded all the characters for both of my books, a small board with pins of Rhode Island, and another of pictures I found on morguefile.com. I love Pinterest, I really do, but it's such a time suck. I wanted to upload what I had, but suggestions kept pouring in and I followed link after link, finally ending up on a board with a thousand pictures from Rhode Island. Needless to say, I spent four hours there and barely finished my own boards. Also, following that last link made me incredibly homesick, so I think I'll stay away from Rhode Island boards from now on.

If you'd like to see who I chose for my characters in WOMEN OF A CERTAIN DEMOGRAPHIC or REMEMBERING YOU, please go here. http://www.pinterest.com/robynnerand


PAPERBACKS

I finally uploaded the paperback conversions for both novels and they should be available for Christmas. I hate paperback formatting, I really do. I thought the learning curve for e-version was hard, but paperback is a lot harder. Actually, I take that back--it's not that it's harder, it's frustrating when margins don't match and the Header and Footer always gives me a hard time. It's getting a little easier as I do them, but because it's so long in between paperbacks, I forget what I've learned and then it's always trial and error until I get it right.

I'll have the links up as soon as they become available.


PIE

I needed something alliterative and Pie was all I could come up with. My two favorites are Boston Cream and Banana Cream. I also like fruit pies, and tarts. However, everything needs a healthy topping of whipped cream. I have an incredible sweet tooth and it gets me into trouble around the holidays. I would much rather overindulge in dessert rather than turkey or ham.


I hope you all have an incredible holiday season! See you in 2016.

Robynne Rand (c) 2015

3 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Pinterest is something I only do sporadically -- so little free time. After working 16 hours straight yesterday, I slept 16 hours on my day off! My Christmas present to myself.

I admitted defeat to paperback formatting. I have had to have Heather McCorkle do it for me (but she hates it too!)

I have 9 paperbacks out in preparation for a Sci Fi Convention I will be attending this April.

May your Holiday Season and New Year be even happier and more joyful than you expect! :-)

Liza said...

See, another reason why I like you...Boston Creme Pie is a favorite!!! Growing up I would ask for it for my birthday cake. I pretty much like anything with custard! As for Pinterest, so far, I have held off from going there. My daughter said to me last week, "You should go on Pinterest, you would love it." Then she followed up immediately, "No you shouldn't. We'd lose you!" Perhaps some snowy winter day when we are trapped in the house...which won't happen soon. It's supposed to be in the 50's today, and mid 60's by Christmas Eve!!! Merry Christmas Robynne!

Robynne Rand said...

Roland - I agree. Pinterest is only fun if you have the time to indulge. Paperbacks arent' what they used to be, however, I do find that some people still like to read them so I put them out. Best of luck on your convention. Hope you have a great holiday.

Liza -- Boston Cream Pie on my birthday was the best! And custard. Yes. That's why we're friends.And believe me, Pinterest is like diving into your favorite fantasy and seeing the most amazing things. You would totally get lost. I do it all the time. And yeah, it's supposed to be 70 degrees here on Christmas. I'll be in shorts raking up the last of the leaves. Happy Happy Merry Merry.