Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Happy Earth Day

Well, today is my birthday, and it's also Earth Day, and it's also my father's birthday. Yes, I was born on my Dad's birthday and it was also Easter Sunday back in 1962. So here we are.

Usually I have a plan as to what I'm going to do on my "BIG DAY" but this year, I got nothing. I have to go to Staples and pick up a presentation board -- doing a presentation at my daughter's school on Thursday. Have to cut the grass at the old house. Have to run to the grocery store for milk.

Unfortunately, Monster is sick again today. A Spring cold hit her at 500 miles an hour. I didn't see this one coming at all. So I think we're staying home from school today. And I've been up since 3am listening to her try to breathe, so I'm thinking a little mid-morning nap might do me some good.

Have had a few more revelations about "Kate" (the character for my next book.) I can tell I'm getting itchy to write again, because I keep talking about her. My biggest problem right now is the ending.

I usually have to have the end before I can start to write the beginning. So far I have one of two possible endings --

1) Kate gets the guy

2) Kate walks away from the guy and the ending is one of those frustrating ones where the author leaves the reader to figure out the end.

And no, that really wasn't a spoiler, because once you read the book, you'll see there's more than one guy. Kate has to make a whole lot of choices so we'll see where she ends up won't we.

Okay, that's all I've got. Time to call the school. Have a great day!

No comments: